Before cool weather gets away from us and the first flowers start budding, let me offer you this insanely decadent recipe for hot chocolate. I know some of you might be thinking I’m crazy because you can make hot chocolate from a powder, but trust me on this. This is thick, and rich, and you really have to believe me because I am not usually a hot chocolate drinker. This is a worthy exception.
Decadent S'mores Hot Chocolate
½ c chocolate chips
1 graham cracker, crushed
1 c milk
1 c heavy cream
2 T honey
¼ c chocolate syrup
¼ c instant chocolate pudding mix
2 oz. liqueur of your choice (e.g.: Frangelico, Cointreau), optional
Sweet Jumbles marshmallows
- Melt chocolate chips in a wide-rimmed microwave safe bowl, stopping to stir at 20-second intervals until smooth. Dip mug rims into chocolate and then dip in crushed graham crackers. Set mugs aside.
- Heat milk and heavy cream on the stove in a saucepan over medium heat until simmering.
- While simmering, add remaining melted chocolate, honey, and chocolate syrup to the warmed milk. Whisk until smooth. Add in the pudding mix, one tablespoon at a time, until smooth.
- Add in liqueur, if using.
- Pour into prepared mugs and top with a marshmallow.