This month’s Sweet Jumbles marshmallow installment is a simple treat using only TWO ingredients! These Mint Oreo Balls are very quick and easy to make.
If you’re making Valentine’s Day dinner, something like this would be a nice dessert, satisfying the chocolate lover while giving a zing of peppermint! While you’re at it, check out our variety of Valentine’s Day flavors on the Sweet Jumbles Etsy page.
The recipe below is for Mint Oreo Balls, but with the variety of both Oreo flavors and Sweet Jumbles flavors, you can use your imagination to come up with other great combinations. (Chocolate Oreos and Chocolate Marshmallows; Birthday Cake Oreos and Birthday Cake Marshmallows; Golden Oreos and Strawberry Marshmallows….)
Mint Oreo Balls
8 mint Oreos
9 Sweet Jumbles Peppermint Marshmallows, divided
- Take one Sweet Jumbles marshmallow and cut it into eight cubes. Set aside.
- Twist Oreos open and remove icing. Crush Oreo cookies, either in a food processor or place them in a bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Place the remaining 9 Sweet Jumbles Peppermint Marshmallows in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook on high for about 30-45 seconds or until melted. Add in crushed Oreos, mixing until well-combined.
- On a piece of waxed paper or Silpat, flatten eight equally-sized discs of Oreo “batter”. Place one small marshmallow piece in the center of each and “wrap” with the Oreo, creating a ball. It will be very sticky.
- Refrigerate until slightly firm and smooth out the Oreo ball.
- Melt Oreo icing in a small microwave safe bowl and drizzle over each Mint Oreo Ball.