March 17 is St. Patrick’s Day – will you be making something special? Soda bread, corned beef, or just something green to get into the spirit? We have several St. Patrick’s Day recipes from years past (Grasshopper Cupcakes, Mint Personal Cheesecakes, and Grasshopper Cheesescake). Today we have Chocolate Bailey’s Truffles. Irish Cream makes this legit for St. Pat’s Day, right? Five ingredients and very simple.
These truffles are very rich, so you don’t need to make them very large at all! Also, I believe these are great with a semi-sweet chocolate, but depending on your taste, milk or dark chocolate would work just as well. While it takes and hour and a half to make these, most of the time is just waiting for them to chill in the fridge.
Chocolate Bailey's Truffles
12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips (milk or dark chocolate work, too)
4 T Bailey’s Original Irish Cream liqueur
2 T heavy cream
1/2 t vanilla extract
unsweetened cocoa powder
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and heat at 30-second intervals until melted and smooth. At each 30-second mark, remove the bowl from the microwave and stir.
- Whisk in Bailey’s and heavy cream until smooth.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour. Meanwhile, line a cookie sheet with parchment or Silpat.
- Remove chocolate from the refrigerator, and using a spoon and your hands roll chocolate into small balls. Roll in cocoa powder and place on cookie sheet. They will look imperfect, that’s ok. If during this process the chocolate gets too warm, refrigerate for a few more minutes.
- Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes. Again take the truffles and roll to even out their shape and coating.
- Serve. Store in refrigerator.