Sweet Jumbles‘ “busy season” (November-December) has passed and we took three weeks off to enjoy the holidays and test out some new recipes. During this time, we also tried some delicious recipes using Sweet Jumbles marshmallows as ingredients.
Brownies are a go-to favorite. In the summertime, they’re popular à la mode; in the wintertime, alongside a hot beverage. Some people make their brownies from scratch, others turn to the tried and true box mixes.
The recipe below creates a very fudgy brownie – dense and sticky! If cake brownies are your preference, you may not be happy with this recipe. But here’s the great thing: the concept behind these brownies can be carried over into any brownie recipe. If you have a favorite go-to brownie, simply add in the marshmallows as described below. If you use a brownie mix from the box, same thing – just add the marshmallows as described! So, adjust this to your taste and skill level as needed.
We used vanilla bean marshmallows for this recipe. You could turn these into a crazy chocolate overload by using Chocolate marshmallows (of which we have several varieties!).
Chocolate Marshmallow Brownies
Source: Tim Kinnaird Marshmallows
4 oz semisweet chocolate
9 T butter
2 large eggs, beaten
1 c brown sugar
¾ c all-purpose flour
¼ c unsweetened cocoa
½ t baking powder
4 (+/-) Sweet Jumbles marshmallows, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8” baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a double boiler or in the microwave, combine chocolate and butter until melted and smooth. (If using a double boiler, stir continually; if using a microwave, stir every 30 seconds.)
- Whisk eggs and sugar by hand until combined. Gradually add melted chocolate and butter. Then fold in the flour, cocoa, and baking powder until combined. Fold in marshmallows.
- Pour mix into baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until edges are firm but center of pan still has a little “jiggle”.
- Cool to room temperature and then refrigerate for a few hours or overnight. Cut into squares.