Last weekend was a great one for baking, with the crisp air making it perfectly clear that fall is here. We found a recipe for Graham Cracker Cookies – which sounds like “a recipe for graham crackers,” but it totally is not. These cookies use crushed graham crackers in place of the flour that you would normally expect in a cookie recipe!
15 sheets graham crackers
¼ c sugar
2 T packed brown sugar
½ t baking soda
¼ t salt
6 T unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 large egg, lightly beaten
½ t vanilla extract
7 Sweet Jumbles marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line baking sheet with parchment or Silpat.
- Put graham crackers in a zip-top bag and crush with a rolling pin until broken down into sandy crumbs. (Can also be done in a food processor.)
- In a large bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add cooled melted butter, egg, and vanilla. Stir to combine into a soft dough.
- Using a spoon, or just your hands, create cookie dough balls of about 1.5 Tablespoons each. Space on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Gently push down dough to very slightly flatten.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until cookies have slightly browned at edges. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, cut a marshmallows into thirds. Preheat broiler.
- Place one 1/3 size marshmallow on each cookie. Place on a cookie sheet in broiler for approximately 2 minutes, checking every 30 seconds and rotating cookie tray as necessary. Cookies are done when marshmallows have slightly melted and are golden.