Fall is here, and before you know it we’ll be indulging in hot chocolate. As a bit of a prelude to that, I’ve prepared a recipe for Hot Chocolate Pudding Bites. These are super easy, and are a hit at football watch parties and tailgating.
Before we get to the recipe, just a brief promo: fall flavors have been added to the Sweet Jumbles marshmallow store! Apple Pie, Pumpkin Pie, Apple Cider, Cranberry…. the list goes on and on!
Hot Chocolate Pudding Bites
3 c whole milk (or a combination of heavy cream and lower fat milk)
¼ c cornstarch
3/4 c hot chocolate mix
spices or extracts of your choice, optional
Sweet Jumbles marshmallows
- Pour 3 cups of milk into a large, heavy saucepan.
- Sift ¼ cup of corn starch into the milk. (While using a sifter isn’t necessary, it makes it much easier to avoid lumps.)
- Turn on burner to medium low. Add 3/4 cup of hot chocolate mix, gently whisking, scraping bottom and sides of saucepan. Continue whisking for about five to ten minutes, removing any lumps and being careful not to boil the mixture.
- Once the mixture thickens, stir in any extracts or spices desired and remove from heat.
- Cool briefly and add about ½ Tablespoon of pudding to each shell. (You won’t use all of it, just save the rest for snacks!)
- Cut marshmallows into small cubes and place one on top of the pudding in each shell. Toast with a kitchen torch or put very briefly in broiler.
- Refrigerate until firm. Serve.