Holy Moly, I just made these Sweet Jumbles Parfaits 10 minutes ago, and the blog must be written immediately before I go into a sugar coma. They are SWEET – small but mighty! The recipe below is for a single serving, but they’re easy enough to increase proportionately and serve several.
These parfaits can also be made ahead – assemble according to instructions below, stopping before the final toasted marshmallow and refrigerate until it’s time to serve.
Sweet Jumbles Parfait for One
2 graham crackers (four segments each), crushed
1 teaspoon sugar
1 Tablespoon butter, melted
3 Sweet Jumbles Marshmallows, divided
1 ounce cream cheese
2 teaspoons powdered sugar
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ounce whipped topping (Cool Whip), thawed
2 Tablespoons chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
1 Tablespoon heavy cream
- Crush graham crackers using a food processor or, even easier, put them in a Ziploc bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Gently press into the bottom of a tumbler or any individual sized dish, forming a crust layer. Place in the refrigerator while you prepare the cheesecake.
- Place 2 Sweet Jumbles Marshmallows in microwave-safe bowl, cooking on high power for about 15 seconds until they puff up and begin to melt. Use a buttered spatula to stir the marshmallows until smooth. Set aside.
- In a bowl with an electric mixer, whip the cream cheese for a few seconds, add in powdered sugar and vanilla and beat for an additional 30 seconds. Incorporate the melted marshmallows into the cream cheese mixture and beat for an additional minute. Use a rubber spatula to fold in whipped topping.
- Spoon the cheesecake filling on top of the graham cracker crust of your parfait, and place back into the refrigerator while you prepare the ganache.
- Place chocolate in a heat-safe bowl. Bring cream just to a boil in the microwave, and pour over the chocolate. Let stand for 5 minutes and then whisk to combine. Spoon chocolate ganache over the cheesecake layer and place back into the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
- Just before serving, top each cheesecake with a toasted Sweet Jumbles marshmallow, most easily accomplished with a kitchen torch but also possible if you’re around a campfire, fireplace, or (carefully) a gas stovetop. Enjoy!