We’re having another heatwave as I write this. The oven will NOT be turned on. So, in my ongoing effort to give you monthly suggestions of recipes which use Sweet Jumbles Marshmallows, I’ve found one that, while does use the stove, at least doesn’t require the oven.
These bars are almost fudge-like in their consistency. There’s no cake to them, making them gluten free for those of you out there who have eliminated that from your diet. This recipe was originally found in, and modified from, Tim Kinnaird’s Marshmallows.
The recipe really is for a true peanut butter lover. The “jelly” is brought in by adding freeze dried fruit. You can choose any flavor of your liking that represents jelly in your mind. I used grape, but any freeze dried berry would be great.
Peanut Butter & Jelly Mallow Bars
¾ c smooth peanut butter
7 T butter
¾ c peanuts, coarsely chopped
5-6 Sweet Jumbles marshmallows, quartered
1 oz freeze dried fruit
¼ c sugar
6 T heavy cream
1/4 t salt
- Melt peanut butter and butter in a saucepan over low heat until smooth.
- Stir in peanuts, marshmallows, and freeze dried fruit until marshmallows are mostly melted.
- Pour into 8″ square pan.
- Place sugar in a small saucepan, heating over medium heat until melted and evenly caramelized.
- When light brown in color, slowly pour in heavy cream. This will make the sugar seize up, but continue heating and stirring until it returns to a liquid state. Add salt.
- Drizzle cream sauce over peanut butter layer and refrigerate until firm.
- Cut and enjoy.
- Store in refrigerator.