Peanut Butter, Nutella, and Chocolate chips? Yes, please. This skillet cookie makes for a great group dessert – cut it up like a pie and serve a la mode. I will mention, though, that the wedge shown in the images here proves that my eyes were bigger than my stomach. Cut about 1/2 this size and you’ll have a normal serving!
After making this recipe, I’m tempted to throw some extra goodies in next time. Whatever is in the pantry – pretzels, nuts, etc. can all be added to your liking!
The recipe below was adapted from Cafe Delites.
Nutella Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
½ c butter, melted
½ c peanut butter (any kind, chunky or creamy will do)
½ c brown sugar
½ c sugar
1 T vanilla extract
1 c flour
⅓ c chocolate chips (milk or dark, your choice), divided
⅓ c Nutella, melted
2 Reese’s cups, cut into about 8 pieces
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a 9-inch cast iron skillet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the butter, peanut butter, sugars and vanilla. Mix until creamy. Add the egg, beat until combined.
- Add the flour and ¼ cup of the chocolate chips, mixing until just combined.
- Spoon ⅔ of the batter into the pan, spreading it more or less evenly to the edges with your fingers. Don’t worry about being perfect but you don’t want any “holes” in the bottom.
- Pour the Nutella over the base layer and smooth with a spatula.
- Top with remaining cookie dough batter, again spreading with your fingers. Perfection doesn’t matter!
- Sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips and the Reese’s cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes a gooey cookie pie. For a more firm pie, cover with foil after 30 minutes and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream.
ohhh man-so so much yum happening right here!!