What better combination than salty and sweet? Today’s recipe is for just that – cookies that combine the salt of pretzels and peanut butter with the sweet of chocolate. And added bonus, I dropped one of these into a bowl of vanilla ice cream and it did not disappoint.
Peanut Butter-Pretzel-Chocolate Chip Cookies
Inspired by: Cook’s Country
1 ¼ c all-purpose flour
1 c quick oats
1 t baking soda
¼ t salt
12 T unsalted butter, room temperature
1 ¼ c packed light brown sugar
2/3 c crunchy peanut butter
1 large egg
1 t vanilla extract
1 c chocolate chips
1 ½ oz thin pretzel sticks, coarsely crushed
- Combine flour, oats, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer, combine butter and brown sugar until smooth. Add peanut butter, egg, and vanilla and mix until well-incorporated.
- Reduce mixer speed and add flour gradually until just combined. Add chocolate chips and pretzels, again until just combined.
- Cover mixture with plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees while cookie dough is chilling.
- Line baking sheets with Silpat or parchment paper. Drop dough on the cookie trays, about 1-1 ½ inch size balls. Gently press to flatten to about ¾-inch thick. While you don’t want the cookies to be too close, they will not expand too much so you can fit quite a few on a sheet.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet for about 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.