This month we have another cookie featured for our marshmallow series. This recipe takes the typical s’more ingredients (chocolate, marshmallow, and graham cracker) and combines them into a cookie.
As a disclaimer upfront, for years I have refrained from using Hershey’s products. I came into possession of some Hershey’s kisses (a Halloween thing), and decided to make an exception and use them. If anyone is aware of a kiss-shaped chocolate from a brand other than Hershey, I’d love to know about it.
For those thinking ahead to holiday marshmallows, ordering peaks around Thanksgiving and we generally reach seasonal capacity around the second week of December. Please be sure to order early. In fact you can order as early as now if you simply put your desired ship date in the Comments section of your order.
S'Mores Blossom Cookies
Adapted from: Cook’s Country
1 ¼ c all-purpose flour
½ t baking powder
¼ t baking soda
¼ t salt
½ c (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
½ c sugar
6 graham crackers, crushed
1 large egg
10 Sweet Jumbles Marshmallows
20 chocolate kisses
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with silpat or parchment paper.
- Crush graham crackers. This can be done in a food processor, or by putting them in a plastic bag and crushing with a rolling pin.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine butter, sugar, and 1/2 cup of crushed graham crackers. Mix at high speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture until combined.
- Roll dough into 1/2″ diameter balls with your hands. Then, dredge each ball in the remaining graham crackers. Place on cookie sheet and gently press to flatten. The cookies will not spread out much during baking, so you want the diameter of each cookie to be a bit wider than the widest part of a chocolate kiss.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- While baking, cut marshmallows to squares that will approximately fit atop each cookie. About 3/4″ square and 1/2″ high seemed to work well.
- Remove from oven, cool for about 5 minutes.
- Place the marshmallow on top of the cookie and place in oven broiler for approximately 45 seconds to create a golden gooey marshmallow. If you have a kitchen torch, you can do that instead.
- Remove from oven and immediately press a chocolate kiss into the marshmallow.
- Cool and serve.