Holy cow. Inspired by an Instrgram post, I decided to see if, in fact, Sweet Jumbles marshmallows could be deep fried. It took more than one effort, but the ultimate answer is – YES!
These are easy, and likely rely on ingredients you already have on hand (assuming you have Sweet Jumbles marshmallows on hand, which I’m sure you do *wink*). Recipe can be easily adjusted to make more.
Deep Fried Sweet Jumbles Marshmallows
vegetable or canola oil
3 Sweet Jumbles marshmallows (flavor of your choice)
1 large egg
½ c milk
1 ¼ c complete pancake mix
- Heat oil in a deep pan. If you prefer to use a more shallow pan, that will work and you will just have to fry one side at time.
- Combine egg, milk, and pancake mix to form a batter. This should be slightly thicker than typical pancake batter. If not, add a bit more of the dry mix.
- Coat marshmallows with the batter, being sure to cover all sides. It’s easiest to use your hands here, and just accept the mess.
- Drop your batter-coated marshmallow in the hot oil. If the oil is deep enough to fully submerge the marshmallow, simply wait about 20-30 seconds (depending on the heat) until the marshmallow is golden – don’t let it burn! If your oil does not cover the entire marshmallow, turn to fry each side. Remove from oil with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel.
- Serve warm and eat as-is or garnish with any variety of typical sundae toppings – whipped cream, chocolate syrup, sprinkles, caramel, etc.
oh. my. GOSHHHHH