Who doesn’t love fondue, especially dessert fondue? An endless variety of your favorite snacks dipped in melted chocolate. Yes, please. And, of course, one of our “favorite snacks” is Sweet Jumbles Marshmallows.
This fondue is a breeze to make. While having a proper fondue set will make a beautiful presentation, it’s really not necessary. (Or, if you’re like us, it’s wayyyyy in the back of the closet and you really just can’t be bothered.) Simply melt the chocolate over a double boiler or carefully in the microwave. If, over the course of snacking, it becomes cool and less melt-y, re-heat. (That’s where the proper fondue set comes in handy, because the steno flame keeps in at a perfectly melted state.)
Black & White Hazelnut Fondue
12 oz. dark chocolate, chopped (or chocolate chips)
1 ½ c heavy cream, divided
2 T Frangelico (Hazelnut liqueur)
12 oz. white chocolate, chopped (or white chocolate chips)
1 ½ t vanilla extract
- Combine dark chocolate and 1 cup of heavy cream over a double boiler or in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat gently, stirring constantly if on the stovetop, or at 15 second intervals if in the microwave.
- Once smooth, add 2 T Frangelico.
- Place in a fondue pot or serving bowl.
- Combine white chocolate and ½ cup of heavy cream over a double boiler or in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat gently, stirring constantly if on the stovetop, or at 15 second intervals if in the microwave.
- Once smooth, add 1 ½ t vanilla extract.
- Dollop white chocolate on top of the dark chocolate, and use a knife or fondue stick to create a swirled pattern.