The third and final installment in the Chocobacon Fest recipes is here. Chocolate Covered Brown Sugar Bacon.
I got this idea after eating Praline Bacon at Elizabeth’s in New Orleans. For my version, I was originally calling it Chocolate Covered Praline Bacon but realized that without the pecans, that’s a bit of a misnomer. (If anyone tries to modify this and add pecans, do let me know how it turns out.)
If I were to make this recipe again, I would drizzle chocolate over the bacon rather than dipping it in order to have a bit less chocolate. A friend suggested making bite-sized pieces of bacon and to package/serve the treat as a candy.
No matter how you do it, though, it’s pretty outrageous. In fact, a friend of mine, with stars in his eyes, proposed marriage to the Chocolate Covered Brown Sugar Bacon spear. Very romantic.
Chocolate Covered Brown Sugar Bacon
- Put bacon on cookie tray in oven at 350 degrees F, until nicely browned
- Cover with Brown Sugar, pressing it into the bacon to make a caked layer
- Cook for an additional 10 minutes
- Remove from oven and cool on a plate
- While cooling, melt your favorite chocolate on a double boiler or in the microwave to a dipping consistency. Dip room temperature bacon spears in chocolate (or drizzle on top)
- Cool to harden in refrigerator.