My favorite fall flavor is cranberry, so this recipe for Cranberry Upside Down Cake is a perfect fit. With cranberries, pecans, and brown sugar, the cake is perfect for this time of year.
Cranberry Upside Down Cake
1 ½ c all-purpose flour
1 ½ t baking powder
1 t baking soda
½ t ground cinnamon
¼ t salt
2/3 c packed brown sugar
1/3 c + ½ c butter, room temperature, divided
1 ¼ c fresh cranberries
½ c chopped pecans
3/4 c sugar
1 t vanilla extract
1 c sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- Wrap outside of 9″ springform pan in foil to prevent leaking.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine brown sugar and 1/3 cup butter. Bring to a boil and pour into springform pan. Sprinkle with cranberries and pecans.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together remaining ½ c butter and 3/4 c sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla extract.
- Add in the flour mixture in 1-cup increments, alternating with sour cream.
- Pour batter into prepared pan over the cranberries.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto a serving platter.
- Can be served warm or at room temperature.