Although I am aware that fall has arrived, we’ve been having a bit of an Indian Summer, so I’m still happy to indulge myself in frozen treats. I found inspiration for a single-serving frozen “cup” online, and modified it as below.
I am fortunate in that I own a mini cheesecake tin. It’s kinda like this, but there are others that are silicone, etc. In lieu of using one of these, you can also use a cupcake tin, but bear in mind that your finished product will be at least 50% larger, if not double in size, and therefore not quite as “personal” sized.
Frosty S'Mores Cups
8 graham cracker squares (a little more than ½ cup crushed)
5 T butter
½ c. mini chocolate chips, divided
10 T (also measured as ½ c + 2 T or 5 oz) heavy cream, divided
3 Sweet Jumbles Classic Vanilla marshmallows
½ box instant chocolate pudding (*recommend making a full box and enjoying the extra, see directions)
3/4 c cold milk
- Crush graham crackers into fine crumbs.
- Prepare pan by placing disks into the bottom of each cup, or by lining cupcake tins.
- Melt butter and add to graham crackers, mixing until well combined like wet sand.
- Evenly divide crust mixture into all cups. Press crumbs firmly into the bottom of each cup.
- Place milk chocolate chips and 2 Tablespoons of heavy cream into a small bowl and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until melted and smooth.
- Spoon chocolate into a plastic bag, cut a tip off and evenly pipe chocolate into the center of each cup, on top of the crust.
- Chop Sweet Jumbles marshmallows into quarters, or smaller if needed, and place 2 or 3 in each cup.
- Whip remaining heavy cream into stiff peaks. Set aside.
- Next you’re going to make the pudding, mixing cold milk with pudding on medium speed for 2 minutes. *I recommending just making a full box of pudding and saving half for yourself to eat later.
- Fold ½ of the whipped cream into the pudding. (If you made a full box of pudding, be sure to split it in half and set the extra aside before you fold in the whipped cream.)
- Again, using a plastic bag or just trusting yourself to make a clean dollop, evenly pipe pudding into each cup, including between marshmallows.
- Freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
- Pipe remaining whipped cream on each cup, and add decorative mini chocolate chips.
- Set at room temperature briefly before serving.