It’s Christmas Cookie season! We’ve wrapped up our marshmallow-making (now desperately hoping that USPS delivers!) and are now into the cooking-baking zone. I love gingersnaps and ginger cake (which is odd, considering I don’t care for the actual ginger root). So, today I tested out some Butterscotch Gingerbread cookies – for the win! Santa will be satisfied.
I’ve been on a roll, so stay tuned for additional recipes this holiday season, or simply scroll back into my archives for favorites such as Mini Eggnog Cheesecake and Baked Apple Chips.
Butterscotch Gingerbread Cookies
3 c all-purpose flour
2 t baking soda
2 t ground cinnamon
2 t ground ginger
1 t ground cloves
1 c (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
1 ½ c packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1/3 c molasses
1 ½ c butterscotch chips (just a bit less than an 11 oz bag)
- Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment or silpat.
- Combine dry ingredients, flour through salt, in a bowl. Sift or whisk to combine.
- In a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, combine butter, sugar, egg, and molasses until creamy. Gradually add in flour mixture until well-combined.
- Stir in butterscotch chips by hand.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared cookie sheets, and bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool for 2 minutes and then transfer to cooling racks.