Last month I focused on strawberries, and this month it’s blueberries! I really can’t get enough of fruits and berries in the summertime. And I’m not talking about supermarket berries – I mean farmers market berries, pick-your-own berries, berries from your garden. The burst of flavor that they provide is so delicious! This month I’ve made a fresh Blueberry Marshmallow Crumb Bar. This recipe is easy to make, but most importantly – you don’t have to turn on your oven! Perfect for the steamy days of summer.
Blueberry Marshmallow Crumb Bars
1 ½ c crushed graham crackers (1 sleeve)
6 T butter, melted
1 c heavy cream
1 t vanilla
12 Sweet Jumbles Blueberry Marshmallows
¼ c milk
1 pint blueberries
- In a large nonstick sauce pan, combine marshmallows and milk over medium heat. Stir frequently until marshmallows have melted and you have a smooth sauce. Set aside, cooling to room temperature.
- Line 9×9” baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combined crushed graham crackers and melted butter. Mix until crackers are the texture of wet sand.
- Set aside ½ cup of the mixture. Press remaining mixture into the bottom of the lined baking ban.
- Remove a handful of blueberries from the pint (I used 16) and puree the rest. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, whip heavy cream and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- Gently combine pureed blueberries with the cooled marshmallow sauce. Fold in whipped cream.
- Pour marshmallow mixture over graham cracker crust. (These should separate somewhat on their own when setting, no need to pour in layers.) Top with reserved graham cracker crumbs and whole blueberries.
- Refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours.
- Remove from pan and slice to serve. Keep refrigerated.