For this month’s Sweet Jumbles Marshmallow recipe, we eat…breakfast! For many of us, we try to have a moderately healthy breakfast, whether that be eggs, or yogurt, or maybe even cereal. But once in a while—on a lazy Saturday or maybe after the kids have a sleepover party, a naughty breakfast may be in order. And that is where S’Mores French Toast comes into play.
Like I said, this isn’t healthy so let’s not pretend that it is. You should not eat this regularly. This is so sweet that maple syrup and butter are unnecessary. You can skip lunch when you have this for breakfast!
S’Mores French Toast
Adapted from: Bobby Flay
18 graham crackers (2 sleeves), crushed and divided
4 large eggs
2 large egg yolks
2 T sugar
2 c milk
1 t vanilla extract
8 slices bread, each about ½” thick (I used Challah. French bread or Brioche are also great choices.)
8 T butter
1 c Nutella, divided
8 Sweet Jumbles Vanilla Bean Marshmallows, halved
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put about 1 ¼ c of graham cracker crumbs into a wide bowl for dredging.
- Whisk together eggs, egg yolks, and sugar in a baking dish or wide bowl; then whisk in milk and vanilla.
- Dip each piece of bread in the egg mixture, letting it soak in for about 30 seconds per side. Then dredge in graham cracker crumbs to coat both sides. Set aside.
- Heat 2 T butter in a large skillet over medium heat until melted. Cook bread, several slices at a time, until golden brown and crispy on both sides. Transfer to a baking sheet and place in oven to keep warm. Repeat until all French toast has been cooked.
- Remove French toast from oven and change oven setting to Broil. Spread Nutella on half of the slices and top with 2 (half-sized) marshmallows. Place in oven for 1-2 minutes to melt marshmallows.
- Remove from oven, place 2nd slice of French toast on top to create a sandwich. Cut in half.
- Sprinkle remaining graham cracker crumbs over French toast. Heat remaining Nutella in microwave and drizzle on top, dust with powdered sugar.
- Serve immediately.
WOW!!! This looks awesome!
hope you enjoy it!!!
Just looking at this makes me hungry.