November is here! Hope all had a spooky and fun Halloween! This recipe is for Caramel Pumpkin Crispies – an amped up version of the Rice Krispy Treat. Hope you like the seasonal twist!
Caramel Pumpkin Crispies
3 T butter
5 c crisp rice cereal
12 Sweet Jumbles Pumpkin Pie Marshmallows, divided
11 oz. caramel candy squares
1 T heavy cream
3 T sugar
¼ t ground cinnamon
- Line an 8″x8″ pan with foil and spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- Take 3 Sweet Jumbles Pumpkin Pie marshmallows and chop them into cubes. Each marshmallow should create about 8 pieces, more or less.
- In a large bowl, combine crisp rice cereal and chopped marshmallows..
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add remaining 9 marshmallows, stirring until completely melted.
- While marshmallows are melting, put caramels and heavy cream into a microwave safe bowl. Heat until melted, stirring occasionally.
- Once marshmallow mixture has melted, pour over crisp rice cereal, mixing well to combine and thoroughly coat the cereal. You may need to spray your spatula with non-stick spray.
- Press half of the cereal mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Pour melted caramel over the bottom layer, and spread evenly. Top with the remaining cereal, pressing to create an even layer.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle on top of the treats.
- Bring to room temperature and enjoy.