Having spent a fantastic long weekend in the Caribbean, we’re back in business at Sweet Jumbles. We’re still holding on to the last thread of summer as Labor Day approaches and the school season begins. So it’s time for our September s’mores marshmallow recipe.
Last night I enjoyed this simple recipe for Personal S’mores Tarts (inspired by Created by Diane). While the recipe below serves 6, I actually only made one and it was that easy! The only equipment you need is ideally the lids for wide-mouth mason jars. If you do not have those, any shallow dish would do but you may be unable to remove the tart from the “pan” the way you can with a ringed mason jar lid. If you have a kitchen torch, this is even easier.
Personal S'mores Tarts
¾ c graham cracker crumbs
4 T butter, melted
¾ c heavy cream
4 oz chocolate (chocolate chips or chopped chocolate both work well)
1 T butter, room temperature
6 Sweet Jumbles marshmallows
- Find 6 wide-mouth mason jar lids or other similar shallow dishes such as ramekins
- Mix graham cracker crumbs with melted butter to create a wet sandy consistency. Place approximately 2 Tablespoons into each jar lid, pressing down to create a crust.
- Heat heavy cream in the microwave for 1 minute. Add chocolate to the hot cream and let it stand for 3 minutes. After this time has passed, stir until evenly combined and smooth. Add 1 Tablespoon of butter and mix until smooth.
- Pour chocolate mixture into prepared graham cracker crusts. Refrigerate until set.
- Just before serving, remove from refrigerator, slip the tart out from the jar’s ring, put a marshmallow on top and toast with a kitchen torch. If you do not have a torch, toast your marshmallows over the stove or grill with a skewer and then gently place toasted marshmallow atop the chocolate.
- Serve and enjoy!
I am head over heels IN LOOOOVE with these tarts!!!!