While you may find the Pink Lemonade Cupcake seasonally inappropriate considering we’re in the throes of autumn, I have chosen to blog this recipe for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. (Plus they’re pretty and yummy.)
Before I get to the recipe, if you are looking for something more “fall,” please head over to the Sweet Jumbles Gourmet Marshmallow store where we’ve got some great fall flavors, including Apple Pie, Vanilla Chai, and Maple!
Now, on to the recipe!
Pink Lemonade Cupcakes
Source: The Daily Recipe
1 c flour
½ t baking powder
¼ t baking soda
½ c sugar
¼ c vegetable oil
2 egg whites
1/3 c frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
¼ c buttermilk
2+ drops of red food coloring
3 c + 3 T powdered sugar
½ c unsalted butter, room temperature
1/8 t salt
2 T frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin pan with liners. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, egg whites, and lemonade concentrate. Alternately whisk in flour mixture and buttermilk, beating each time until smooth.
- Add just enough food coloring to turn the batter a light shade of pink.
- Fill liners 3/4 full and bake for 20-25 minutes or until tops of cupcakes spring back when lightly touched.
- To make the icing, combine all ingredients with an electric mixer using the paddle attachment. Ice cupcakes once they are completely cooled.