Last weekend I was preparing a very special care package for a good friend in a far-away land. My friend claims not to need anything, but baked goods are always appreciated and it gives me a way to bake a batch of cookies and only eat a few myself before packing the rest up and sending the calories to someone else. Many cookies ship quite well and can withstand lengthy international travel time better than cakey items which can spoil much more quickly. If you are shipping a care package, just pick cookies that are not terribly brittle (meringues would be a big no-no) and aren’t expected to be super soft. To help maintain a touch of softness, however, enclose a single slice of white bread in the container. The bread will dry out and the cookies will stay a bit softer. (Do not do this for a cookie that should be crispy, such as a gingersnap.)
My package has not arrived at its destination yet. So, when my friend sees this post he’ll know what’s coming his way. Oh well, surprise ruined but it’ll still taste yummy.
Nutella Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
Source: A Kitchen Addiction
½ c butter, softened
½ c brown sugar
⅓ c sugar
1 t vanilla extract
½ c Nutella
1½ c all-purpose flour
2 T unsweetened cocoa powder
1 t baking soda
¼ t salt
½ c peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray or line with slipat.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Add egg and vanilla and beat until creamy. Beat in Nutella until combined, scraping down sides as needed.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and beat until just combined.
- Stir in peanut butter chips by hand.
- Drop by tablespoon-full onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until edges are set. Centers will look slightly under done.
- Cool on cookie sheets for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
Makes: approx. 30 cookies
calories: 120 per cookie
Made these this weekend they were delicious!
Yayyyy!!!!!!! Don’t eat them all at once! 🙂