Happy Belated Valentine’s Day!
Wouldn’t it have been nice if I had posted a Valentine’s Day recipe on time? Aaah yes, but I didn’t. So you are getting it now. Sorry Charlie. Seeing as I didn’t do much on or for Valentine’s Day (in fact, I was in my pajamas until early afternoon), in my book this isn’t late because the exact date of the holiday was not relevant. Consider this an extended Valentine’s Treat.
Whether you celebrated Valentine’s Day precisely on the 14th, or any other day, or no day at all, I hope you felt loved, even if self-love, and ate something sweet.
Strawberry Panna Cotta for Two
1 1/2 c sliced strawberries (about 1/2 lb)
3/4 c + 1/8 c buttermilk
3 T sugar
1 1/4 t unflavored gelatin
1/8 c milk
1/8 c heavy cream
- Puree strawberries, buttermilk, and sugar in blender until very smooth. Pour into a medium bowl through a fine sieve, carefully removing any solids.
- Sprinkle gelatin over milk in a small bowl, and let it sit for about 1 minute to absorb.
- In a small saucepan, bring heavy cream to a boil. Remove from heat and add gelatin, stirring until dissolved.
- Whisk cream mixture into strawberry puree and pour into two molds or small dishes.
- Chill, covered, overnight or at least 8 hours.
- To remove from molds, dip mold into hot water for a few seconds to loosen gelatin.
- Garnish with strawberries, or any berry of your choice, on the side.