This summer has been so hot that baking is often out of the question. Days like these, you are better off just cooling off with a cold beverage. So, today’s post is a simple way to make your taste buds smile.
Serendipity’s Frrrozen Hot Chocolate originates in Serendipity 3, an NYC restaurant. I’ve had the original there and this famous recipe was released directly from the restaurant for their 50th anniversary. No tweaks, no caveats, just make it.
Serendipity’s Frrrozen Hot Chocolate
6 half-ounce pieces of your favorite chocolate
2 t store-bought hot chocolate mix
1 1/2 T sugar
1 1/2 c milk
3 c ice
- Chop chocolate into small pieces and place in a double boiler over simmering water, stirring occasionally until melted
- Add hot chocolate powder and sugar, stirring constantly until blended
- Remove from heat and slowly add 1/2 c of milk and stir until smooth.
- cool to room temperature
- In a blender, place remaining cup of milk, the room temperature chocolate mixture, and the ice. Blend on high speed until smooth and the consistency of a frozen daiquiri
- Pour into a giant goblet, top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings, enjoy!
P.S. Cats like it too. 🙂